Consumer Reports Answers iPhone Bending Questions

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
So are they now banned from future iPhone releases?

Nope, because

1. They did their test scientifically and produced meaningful data, as opposed to just creating easy clickbait.
2. Consumer reports doesn't accept free phones or favorable treatment from any company, nor do they go to press events or seek special press treatment. They buy the phones they test. If Apple were to "ban" then, it would mean absolutely zero to their ability to test iPhones and other phones.

bmt134

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
So they admittedly ignored testing the weak point of the 6+ because it would be unfair to Apple. Wonder how much that cost Apple for this biased test.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Not a very productive comment. Did you bother looking at the video before posting?
Because your follow up comment was so endearing...yeesh. Just keeping it breezy fella :cool:

Yes I did watch the video. It may be more scientific than a fellow using his thumbs but you can't tell me it wasn't for click bait in its own right!

----------

Nope, because

1. They did their test scientifically and produced meaningful data, as opposed to just creating easy clickbait.
2. Consumer reports doesn't accept free phones or favorable treatment from any company, nor do they go to press events or seek special press treatment. They buy the phones they test. If Apple were to "ban" then, it would mean absolutely zero to their ability to test iPhones and other phones.
I +1 your comment for the thought you put into answering my question, but I supposed I should have put /sarcasm towards the end. I was being facetious :eek:

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Because your follow up comment was so endearing...yeesh. Just keeping it breezy fella :cool:

Yes I did watch the video. It may be more scientific than a fellow using his thumbs but you can't tell me it wasn't for click bait in its own right!
Since CR is in the business of testing a wide range of consumer products and were responding to emails about their tests yes, I think I can say with some confidence that it isn't simple click bait.

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
So they admittedly ignored testing the weak point of the 6+ because it would be unfair to Apple. Wonder how much that cost Apple for this biased test.
It is comments like this that make me lose all faith for humanity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.