Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Hi,

same as with catalina, the contacts.app within Big Sur does show birthdays one day off (+1), while connected to Exchange accounts.

Within Exchange/Outlook everything is fine.
With iOS the same - everything ok.

Another issue. If I try to correct the entry with the correct date it deletes all the mail-addresses of that contact?!

Kraizelburg

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2018
Spain
Hi, yes this is a known issue with exchange accounts since several iterations of mac os, same happens to me and apparently there is no fix yet.

I don't know the clear reason of why this happens but it seems to be some server sync under mac os, somehow in ios is just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Thx for your feedback. Quite annoying. Looks like something within contacts.app (wrong internal timezone-setting?) is responsible for that kind of issues.

Kraizelburg

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2018
Spain
Thx for your feedback. Quite annoying. Looks like something within contacts.app (wrong internal timezone-setting?) is responsible for that kind of issues.
Exactly! Just delete internal mac os birthday calendar and enable it under outlook acc and it will show the correct birthday date in the calendar app.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Exactly! Just delete internal mac os birthday calendar and enable it under outlook acc and it will show the correct birthday date in the calendar app.
You mean disable birthday-calendar within apple macOS calendar.app and "enable" birthday-calendar within outlook web access?

Kraizelburg

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2018
Spain
You mean disable birthday-calendar within apple macOS calendar.app and "enable" birthday-calendar within outlook web access?
yes so you have to enable birthday calendar in outlook then it will be shown as another calendar within mac os calendar app. Just like this:

Captura de pantalla 2020-11-15 a las 9.54.17.png

The green one is birthday in spanish. This way it should show the correct date as you have it within contacts in outlook.

Reactions: bsmr

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Thx. But what I don't understand is, that it doesn't happen with all contacts - this makes it even harder to find the wrong entries :(

w1z

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2013
I have the same issue with O365 and contacts app under Catalina and have given up on a fix. Apple needs to fix their contacts app under macOS - no other way around it.

The reason you are not seeing this with all your contacts is because you probably have some contacts saved locally that are not syncing with Exchange.

Use your iOS contacts app or Outlook for macOS to manage your contacts including b-days, sync/enable Birthday Calendars that are hosted on Exchange and disable "Show Birthdays calendar" in Calendar app under macOS.

Reactions: bsmr

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
It is of course a Mac Problem!!!

Try it with iOS. Everything fine wieder any issues!

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
And till bringen with actual Ventura.

And more annoying. If I disable the birthday calendar of my end accounts macOS it’s still showing those as reminders. Even when disabled and still one day off!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.