Contact App

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Willie5566, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Willie5566 macrumors regular

Is there a contact app that allows you to sync between all your devices and computers like a dropbox for contacts?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

You can do this with the original app. Just set up google exchange account and set contact sync to on.

3. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't do anything for me. I am not a fan of Google contacts.

4. shandyman Suspended

iCloud will do this, it's launching in the Fall, so just hang on a bit.

5. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

My apologies-I was not very clear with what I am looking for. I had a bad day yesterday and I was short with my question. Here is what I need/want-

I would like a contact manager that is web based so I can access contacts and manage them on line.

I need one that like dropbox and evernote will work on all my devices, including my iPad, iPhone and Droid. It also needs to sync like dropbox so when I add or delete a contact on one device it syncs with all other devices.

So I think my main issue with iCloud is I do not think it will work with my Droid.

Upon further review Google Sync may work for me. I thought that Google contacts was acting up on me but I think I may have resolved it.

Anyone use Google to manage your contacts? Any other apps or programs to manage contacts?

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Then use Yahoo.

7. mpossoff macrumors 68020

What's wrong with google contacts?

8. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

I thought I was having issues with all of the info syncing over. Some of my contacts were incomplete. I added some new contacts and it seems to be working fine.

If that is the best thing then I will use that.

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

That's what I used to move my contacts from WinMo 6.5 to froyo, then from froyo to gingerbread, then from gingerbread to WP7, and then I will use it from WP7 to iOS when I get the iPhone 5.

It's worked fine for me so far. All changes have reflected perfectly.

10. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Microsoft Exchange/Google contacts sync works great and is a wireless/over the air sync.

11. iFiend macrumors 65816

I use google exchange for my contacts, calendar and email. Works great, and best of all, it's free :)