Contact/bookmark never ending sync?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ottergal, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ottergal macrumors member

I've done some searching and I don't see this issue with my particular parameters.

I'm running a windows machine (xp) and am syncing my iPhone contacts from the windows address book and my bookmarks from IE. My google calendar is syncing over the air.

Lately, when I go to sync my phone, the sync hangs on the contacts portion. I'm not getting any sort of pop up that says I have to okay something (like the one you get when you change more than 5% of your data) so I'm not sure what's hanging it up.

I did a full restore just now and got the same thing. Anyone have any ideas about what might be happening? And I'm guessing this would be an Apple support call if I bothered to take it there? I can sync to google contacts, but then I have to set them up again and blah blah blah.

Any light anyone can shed would be appreciated. I wasn't having this issue until this AM, so all bets are on!

Thanks in advance!

2. bjobes macrumors regular

Same issue right now too. First it was contacts now it's bookmarks also. I cant even get my playlist to sync anymore either (Cant make it to that point).