Contact caller ID photos keep changing

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Captainobvvious, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

I change someone's picture and it shows the correct picture in their contact information.

I call them and it show the correct photo.

Then when I lock the screen or when they answer the phone sometimes it reverts to their Facebook photo.

Is there a way to fix this? I am kind of anal about this stuff.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Are you connected to FB in any way on your phone? If so, FB will always override the pic you put there yourself.

3. Captainobvvious thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I am signed into Facebook, that's how its getting the photos.

It does let me choose a picture and override the Facebook photo but it doesn't seem to work as intended. The Facebook photos are there by default and I change them. It shows the correct photo when I start the call but changes to the Facebook photo when I lock the screen then goes back to the correct photo when I unlock it.

Its strange. I don't want the Facebook photos I want the full screen photos I have taken.

4. Captainobvvious thread starter macrumors 6502

It seems like when *I* initiate the call the called ID photo will change when I lock the phone to the Facebook photo... When I receive the call it will always stay with the photo I chose.

That may be random luck so I don't know...

I want to fix this. Is this happening to everyone?

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Maybe it's a bug then, but I thought FB would override any chosen photo, it did on my Droid.

6. udontno macrumors regular

udontno

Nope. I have custom photos for people and they show up on the contact entry instead of the FB one.

I haven't noticed the photos going back and forth as the OP mentioned, but I don't call many people.