Contact.db iphone 5 problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DalDan, Feb 11, 2014.

1. DalDan macrumors newbie

Hi all

A few months ago my iphone 5 suddenly stopped working so I took it to the local dealer and they told me that they need to change its mainboard. But they also said that it would be too expensive and I'd be better off getting a new iphone. (my guarantee ended)

Now my real problem is this, I have my backups but I have no means to open them. The most important one is my contacts. I really really need to get that open. I searched around the web and found a few programs such as sqlitebrowser but when I try to open it it says "Encrypted or not a sqlite file". I contacted apple and they told me that there are third party softwares that convert the file from .db to .csv. But they cannot tell me what those softwares are. I did a search tried a few with similar results.

Please help me with this. My contacts are very very important, I might end up being a poor man because of this. Thank you already.

P.S checked icloud, it seems I haven't made back ups there :/

2. DalDan thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

This probably isn't helpful, but do you have your contacts syncing from somewhere else? Like on my iOS devices I sync them from Windows Contacts, or you might have them syncing to Google or Microsoft or Apple or something?

4. DalDan thread starter macrumors newbie

I know what you mean. Thanks for answering. No I've even checked facebook with no luck.

Also is there really no way of opening this file? Why do I get no replies? It scares me.

5. DalDan thread starter macrumors newbie

Still need help with this. Also can I take to the ANY apple store that I want?