Contact feature suggestion for new iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TwoBytes, Feb 16, 2009.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

features to include in your next iphone revision of software borrowing bits from WM

-contacts with PICTURES in the menu you can flick through...and tilt to the side and they come up like coverflow! This is what apple is about design wize - iconic features

-in each contact, have the history like HTC do. (last call, view sms conversation, how many emails, frequency, etc)

-contacts favourites - have PICTURES instead of names...again, feature exisit on WM phones

here you go folks! http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

2. kolax macrumors G3

3. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Really is an awesome idea! I want this now!!!:p

4. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Wow. I'm impressed!

Not too often I, along with every other member who replies, agrees with upgrade ideas.

I especially like the phonebook coverflow idea. Great list!

6. vandlism macrumors 6502

I support these ideas; they sound very cool but most importantly, useful.

7. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Way to go!! Had to go and use the "U" word didn't you??

Now Apple's never going to implement them!! :p

8. iFerd macrumors 6502a

You can get part of this with some add-on applications, but clearly not all. I've been very impressed by ABContacts, which allows you to do several things with contacts that are very useful. No coverflow, but if you want pictures next to contact names in the list, you can have that, for example.

I'm not much into doing so, but there are also a handful of applications that will let you dial a contact by tapping on his/her picture. None that I know of preserve call and SMS histories, though.

9. yalag macrumors 65816

Wait, so what exactly do you guys want here? Fav with pictures? Isn't there a TON of apps that does this? (Dial by pictures)

10. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

no, we don't want another app for every little thing. We'd like this integrated into the existing contacts app, call history, favourites screen (how many people use double tap the home to get to favourites - not finding a contact app amongst pages of apps). we'd like to tilt our phone and coverflow through our contacts.....we'd like this in the new firmware with whole range of the goodies!

11. nlivo macrumors 6502a

why the hell would you want coverflow for your contacts? Makes no sense what-so-ever.

12. stevearm macrumors 6502a

The coverflow idea is pointless but apart from that, good ideas

13. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Coverflow for visual learners. Some of us visual people interoperate visual information better than names. Personally, i'm one of them...i like icons, pictures, GUI opposed to text. In this case, it's more personal seeing a face. That's what we're about, faces? (this sounds like a the 09 keynotes speech!)
    It does fit in with apple philosophy too.

i can relate to pictures more and if i'm planing a party and sending out a group txt or whatever, i prefer to flick through pictures.
    Also, if you want to edit/delete contacts, coverflow would be good. Group by family, show groups of friends to people etc...there are loads of uses.

14. jambobowron macrumors regular

jambobowron

how about "self updating" icons on the home screen for example the calendar icon updates daily with the day and date on it (same as on iCal) but what about for weather or clock icons... just thought that would be rather cool
    any thoughts any one.....?

15. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

16. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

I like the ideas apart from the coverflow option

If its an option then i dont mind, but, imo, coverflow is the worst invention i have ever seen, far to annoying

17. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Would be nice if they could set up the contact list with pics like the Facebook app when you view your friends.