Contact Groups & iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by KlytusLord, Apr 18, 2011.

1. KlytusLord macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

When I create a new contact in a group via the MobileMe website, my iPad and iPhone 4 add the contact, but not into the appropriate group.

On the iPhone and iPad , I can only view the contact in question by selecting the "All Contacts" option.

The group does already exist on my iPhone and iPad, so it is just the contact itself that is not being placed inside it.

If I reset the entire thing, by turning contact syncing off, deleting the contacts, and then turning syncing back on, then the contact in question appears in the correct group.

I am hoping someone here knows why this is happening and how to fix the issue.

Many thanks.

2. macography.net macrumors newbie

macography.net

Interesting, never seen that happening.

You've already done the basic troubleshooting and it didn't help. What you could also try is to delete the MobileMe account on the iPhone and recreate it from scratch. Maybe some setting are corrupted or something.

If that should not work I'd contact MobileMe support. If the issue is reproducible consistently they should be able to solve the problem in a relatively short time.