Contact Info for Text Notifications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by applewatch, Apr 4, 2016.

1. applewatch macrumors 6502

applewatch

Lately, whenever I add a contact in my phone, it seems my watch takes a very long time to update its contact information for notifications. For example, if I get a text from an unknown number, it displays the number on the text message as it should. But then after I create a contact with that number, the watch continues to display just the number instead of the contact name when I get messages from that contact. Likewise, if I go into the Messages app on the watch, it displays the phone number for the conversation and not the name that appears for the conversation on my iPhone.

Has anyone else seen this? I've restarted the watch and phone since adding the contact and the issue still persists.

2. ApplefaninWV macrumors member

I have the same issue - and its frustrating. Ive tried a number of restarts, etc. and the import of contact names remains sporadic at best.

3. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

Try going into the watch settings on the iphone then General> Reset> Reset Sync Data this may help!!

4. applewatch thread starter macrumors 6502

applewatch

So I tapped on "Reset Sync Data", but nothing happened? Does my Watch have to be charging for this to happen?

5. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

I think you have set it motion and need to give it time to resync the info from phone to watch

6. applewatch thread starter macrumors 6502

applewatch

Oh, if that's the case, then I tried that on Friday and still nothing happened. =\

7. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

But then I could be wrong, there is no harm in putting watch on charge and pressing resync to see if it works that way. :)