Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flabombero

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Ok, so I recently put in a new contact. Its saved in the contacts. But when she calls or texts me it only comes up with her number and not her name.When I look at my contacts list, she is in there.I have deleted it and put it back in and still the same thing. I'm syncing with google thru exchange. Anyone having this problem?

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
make sure the international formatting/area code is applied

for example, in the uk, it might be better to start a number in the address book with +44 rather than 0

flabombero

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
She had called me and i saved it from the recent call. Also I deleted someone but there name still comes up when they call or text also. But she isn't in my contact list or google account anymore. Strange. Looks like I might have to restore. Tried rebooting and still no changes.

Merlosso

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
Try turning off Contact sync (which will remove all contacts from the phone), then go to the contacts app to make sure nothing is there. Then go to Gmail on your PC and make sure she is in your Google contacts. Then go back to your phone and turn contacts back on.

After the contacts re-sync, go to the Recent Calls and see if her name displays. Let me know the outcome; I have other thoughts if that doesn't work.

Merlosso

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
After you turned off sync, you went back to the Contacts app and verified that no contacts existed on the phone? It sounds like you might have two sets of contacts; one set synced from Google and another stored locally on the phone.

Try going to the Contacts app and tap the "Groups" button on the upper left and see what's listed.

Merlosso

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
What does the number look like in Recents? Will you type it out exactly here (don't use her real number, obviously, use "555" or something). Does it have parentheses, start with a 1, etc.

Have you tried initiating a new call or text message to her through the Contacts app? Go into Contacts, select her name, select her number and call her? What appears in your Recents when you do that? Does it list separately from the original call or does it increment the count for the original call?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.