Contact issues...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by furam90, Oct 23, 2014.

1. furam90 macrumors regular

First: Have they added full screen contacts back yet? I could've sworn that was brought back, but for some reason when someone calls I still only see the little circle.

Second: When using the messages app on my Macbook Pro, some of the new contact names from my iPhone aren't carried over to the Mac messages app. I see the number, but not the name. I have my contacts sync'd to iCloud, so I should be able to see the name. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. Cubsfan16 macrumors member

About the contacts picture I thought the same thing as you. I swear I thought people were saying it was back in 8.1 betas.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I added a pic of my friend to his contact record from my Macbook and the pic is fullscreen when he calls. Not sure if same results if you add a pic from the phone directly.

Regarding the contacts on Mac, if you are signed in to iCloud and set to sync contacts they should be identical.

4. Cubsfan16 macrumors member

Never mind, the ones I added from my photos do come up full screen, the ones synced through Facebook don't.

5. furam90 thread starter macrumors regular

Bump, still can't get the contacts from my iPhone to sync to iCloud. I have it checked off...

6. TomTomHatesCats macrumors regular

TomTomHatesCats

I actually hated the full screen contact images for incoming calls, and I didn't even realize they got rid of that. Guess I don't get a lot of calls :rolleyes: