Contact lens cases

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KnightWRX, Feb 18, 2012.

1. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Having recently joined the ranks of contact lens wearers, I can't help but notice the cases we have to use for these things are all either pastel colored or cut animal shaped...

errr... why ?

I've searched online and frankly I can't find any case that looks decent (carbon fiber/black gloss finish, darker colors but in a simple design). Yes, this is highly superficial of me and frankly it's not that I mind the blue-greenish pastel case I have, but if I could find something that at least matched my personality/preferences a bit, I'd be happy to spend some coin on it. :D

Oh and really, at 33, I should've went for contacts years ago. I got some soft lenses and after 2 days of using them I don't feel them anymore. I had tried them in my teen years, but my optometrist had insisted I go with hard lenses, which had turned me off so completely from the things it's not funny. I big screw you to that optometrist if you ask me.

2. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

[​IMG]

How about this? It's a pretty stock one, and at least it's not pastel ;)

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

They should be coloured like RCA audio cables, red and white.

Red is always right. ;)

Or like navigation buoys, red and green.

Red, right, returning. :p

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Eh, I just use the cheapo ones that come from either my solution, or from the Doctor's office. Don't want to pay for unnecessary things when it's free.

5. KnightWRX thread starter macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Yeah, but they look just so... doctory and medical. :(

It looks like I'm carrying around a bunch of prescription when I dump them in my bag. *sigh*, guess there really is no such thing.

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

You have multiple cases? I just use one..repeatedly.

And I don't really travel with them either. They stay in my bathroom. If I'm wearing glasses, then my contacts are inside the case, in my bathroom. If I'm wearing contacts, the contacts are in my eye. The case is in the bathroom.

7. KnightWRX thread starter macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

No, I have one, pastel and doctory, came with the solution.

I carry it around in case I need to remove my contacts, otherwise where would I put my contacts > And even in the bathroom, again, it's a superficial thing on my part. I dunno why it needs to look so doctory or kid like. Why do they even make animal shaped cases for kids but not good looking classy cases for adults ?

Guess there really is no market for such a thing.

8. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Guess not. Maybe you should start your own business of creating professional looking contacts-lens-cases? :p.

I want 20% of the profits for giving you this idea :D