Contact lenses, problems wearing glass's later

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crazycat, Sep 2, 2007.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I am using contact lenses for about 2-3 years now, my right eye is -4.0 and my left eye is -0.75. I am happy with them, i use the daily use ones that i can throw away at night.

A few weeks back i went to a doctor to get glasses made, i went and got the test everything went alright. 3 days later i got the glass's but i could not see well. It was if things were not focused. I also found that i had to move my head if i wanted to look at a web page for example if i am wearing glass's now i would have to move my head as type. Unlike lenses i cant move my eyes as i read test i have to move my whole head, and if the glass's is not right up close to my eyes i would not see well.

I am sorry if i did not enplane things well enough, but does anyone face the same problem as i do? and if so how can i fix it?

Thanks

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I jump between glasses and contacts all the time, and never have any problems. You may want to get them to check your glasses, maybe they made an error in manufacturing.

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I think that's completely natural OP to have an adjustment period. When you wear contacts, the corrective lens moves w/ your eyes and so often even your peripheral vision is being corrected (IIRC), whereas with glasses, the lens are awfully limited in the field of vision they can correct for you.

Sounds normal to me. :)

4. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Aw man, I hate glasses because of what devilot stated, but I got used to it after a while and I think you will too. Because of my dislike of glasses, I avoid wearing them whenever I don't have to. I suggest if you want to get used to them try not to avoid them for contacts and try wearing them more often.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I hate glasses too for the same reason. I try to wear them as little as possible.

6. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

I had a similar problem with my glasses before and it was because they didn't line up the center of the lens to the center of my iris properly. It only need to be a tiny bit off for you to feel that it is not focus.

Get it checked. Usually, glasses and contacts are always a little bit off, but if you need to move around that might be the problem.

7. jialuolu macrumors regular

I think that happens to most people and you just get used to it. I've been wearing glasses for forever now and I do everything that you described but I just don't notice anymore. I hate wearing glasses, I even have a nervous habit of pushing them up my nose whenever possible and it's gotten to the point where I've rubbed the paint off the bridge of all my glasses from touching them so much :(