Contact list bug that's driving me crazy

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by heyyoudvd, Mar 30, 2013.

1. heyyoudvd macrumors regular

There's an odd bug with unified contacts that's driving me nuts.

If someone goes by two different names, iOS doesn't seem to know how to properly handle it. For example, my mother goes by the name 'Jane' in her personal life and 'Julia' in her professional life. Well, prior to iOS 6, I always had her listed on my iPhone as 'Jane'. She goes by 'Julia' on Facebook, and so when I unified the contact cards in iOS 6, it started listing her as 'Julia' in my contact list.

Now, you might tell me that if you go into the Linked Contacts within the contact card, there's a feature that says "Use This Name For Unified Card", but it doesn't work. When I hit that button, the name switches back to 'Jane', but then for some inexplicable reason, it always automatically reverts back to 'Julia' a while later. I don't know why it's doing that, but it's annoying as hell.

On top of that, if I ask Siri to "Call mom", Siri will say to me "would you like me to remember that Julia is your mom?". After that, the next time I asked Siri to "call mom", Siri will say "Which mom?" and will ask me to choose between Jane and Julia, even though they obviously have the same phone number. So every time I wish to "call mom", I have to go through the extra step of selecting between two mothers, who are actually the same person. Siri doesn't understand that they're the same person, and I think this is a result of some sort of underlying bug with contacts.

Is there a way to fix this?

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Can't help you, but glad I'm not alone. Since the Facebook integration, contacts has been a mess and my family size doubled as well.