Contact List jumble

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vjaaan, Oct 29, 2011.

1. vjaaan macrumors 6502

The contacts list on my new iPhone 4S has combined all my cell phone contacts with my email contacts, and people are all over the place. My cell phones for people are listed by first name, and email address have full name. So sometimes a person is found alphabetically in two different place.

When I tell Siri to text Joe, it takes another step while she asks if I mean Joe or Joe Smith. If I pick the wrong one, it sends a Picture Mail message to him. Sometimes it does not ask, and goes to the wrong place, often causing cost to the recipient.

How can I clean this up?

Also, I just assigned a photo to my Home number (my house line). It does not come up. And the call coming through has a combined name of caller: "Mary Smith or Home" I assume because I have that number listed under two different types of contacts.

How can I straighten this up, too? Thanks.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sounds like you need to organize and do so renaming in your contact book. Apple give you the choice of first name or last.

I do mine by first name as I do not even know the last name of some of my contacts and with over 470 contacts it works well.