Contact Lookup Sort Order

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by fjfjfjfj, Jan 3, 2013.

1. fjfjfjfj macrumors regular

With the iPhone 5 (despite the fact that I was running iOS 6 on the 4S before I upgraded) the contact lookup sort order seems off.

What I mean is when I am sending a text message and I start typing my wife's name, "Lisa" I used to see all the Lisa's listed but with all their possible contact points together. So my wife would have several contact points (mobile, home, email) all together, and then the next Lisa, and so on. Now the sort order is all messed up where my wife's home phone is listed first, then some other Lisa's mobile phone number, then another Lisa's contact and so on. Then 10 choices down you will see my wife's name again and mobile number.

I was always frustrated and wished that iOS would learn your most used contacts and serve those up first but now I just don't understand why it doesn't at least group all the contact information for one person together.

Is there a setting I am missing?

2. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Do you sync with Facebook? My contact went crazy when I synced with facebook. I had to edit FB settings just to get my contacts back in order.

3. fjfjfjfj thread starter macrumors regular

No, no Facebook syncing, just iCloud.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Doesn't do that to me, but my contacts are synced via Google/CardDAV.

Do you have iMessage turned on? What's your contacts "Sort Order"?

5. fjfjfjfj thread starter macrumors regular

iMessage is turned on and contacts sort order is "Last, First."