Contact Management Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dcg234, May 20, 2012.

1. dcg234 macrumors newbie

Contact management software requirements

Hi,

I am looking for a contact management software for the OSX. I want to keep track of all the people I know. I’ve tried Evenote Hallo (which is very buggy), and I don’t like the interface of outlook on my iMac.

I have a few basic needs and a few additional stuff:

- Custom, unlimited tags for the contacts. (not folders)
    - Sync between computers and/or cloud. (I use dropbox, if that could help).
    - Place for pictures and comments for each contact.

Perks:
    - Search ability by keywords, which would be able to search the notes that I associate with the contacts.
    - Last time contacted date entry.
    - Location of meetings.

Namedropping is encarouge.

Budget limit: $50.

Thanks! ☺

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

3. pgyanke macrumors member

4. Tensakun macrumors 6502

Tensakun

The Holy Grail...

Unfortunately, dependable/reasonably priced/fairly powerful/flexible/easy-to-use contact management software is now a real weak spot in Mac apps!

Bento is OK, but it's always felt clunky to me, and doesn't show what groups a contact belongs to (for that, Cobook is useful). Soho Organizer feels better, but can be a crash monster--something you don't want in the middle of adding a bunch of new contacts (if you use it, sync often!). Daylite has a bunch of stuff most of us don't need, is pricy, and requires a "server" machine set-up.

The situation's been depressing since the long drawn-out death of Now Contacts/Up-to-date. I'm hoping BusyMac, makers of BusyCal, gets ambitious and produces a righteous replacement for Now; in a blog a while back, they said it was in their "roadmap."

5. atr macrumors regular

Check out Daylite from Marketcircle. There are Mac, iPad, and iPhone apps that all sync together. It's a great contact management app plus a whole lot more - but it does NOT meet your budget needs. Price for a single user is $179, but worth every penny.