Contact manager??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lokerd, Jul 26, 2010.

1. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Hello. I searched almost two months of postings...and only found this one thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=973282&highlight=contact

But, there is only one solution offered...and my question is not which...as I iPad is the ONLY option. Portability is too important.

So, what are the options for contact manager? I have hundreds of contacts that are stuck in Act on a computer. A number of years ago, I had them synced with a variety of Palm devices, but gave up trying to sync them to my last contact on my Palm Centro Sprint based phone. Getting those contacts back would be nice, but not a huge priority.

Years before that, I have hundreds of contacts on my Netwon...that got orphaned that pretty much only exist in a print catalog that I still reference.

The point is...I am tired of going with a system...and then loosing that system as I (we, the company, the world) swich back and forth from operating system, programs, etc.

Ok, so, iPads built in contact manager...that's a dead end right? I don't want to commit to Mobile Me, even if that is an option. Does Contact sync with anything? Allow imports?

What other programs are out there in App Land right now? Anything coming soon?

For the last couple of months, as I have been knowing that the end of my Centro is coming soon and wanting to get a contact system going on the iPad, I have been entering contacts in a spreadsheet on Google Docs. But, compatibility with Google Docs on the iPad sucks also as I have been trying to work through that.

So, what is everybody else doing that manages hundreds of contacts??????

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I have a few hundred contacts and I manage them all in the OS X Address Book using groups to organize them. I'm not worried about moving to a different OS, you can always export them out and into something else.