contact/notes/calender software??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crazyworld, Jul 2, 2007.

1. crazyworld macrumors member

hiya..

can anyone reccomend an app for this:

ive just moved to a new city and i am calling + emailing lots of people to get appointments, go see and potentially get work..

i want to organise my notes and contacts.. the simplest way would be to hav a file with an a4 sheet for each contact, with the contact details and then notes for each email / call.. obviously this would be a lengthy and manual method.. as i have a mac i should use, it despite the work inputting everything once its on computer its done and the info is usable..

i know i can add notes in address book but it seems a bit crappy, although all the contacts would accessible for email, etc.. , and it only syncs with ical for birthdates..

what can people suggest?????????

been lookin at entourage [is it stable enough runnin on intel?], Now Up-to-Date+Contact 5, and chronos SOHO Organizer 6... can anyone comment on these?

i would prefer a software which just links apple mail and address book ..

2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Soooooo, what do you need "it" to do that address book doesn't do with Mail??? It seems that you could put plenty of notes (seems unlimited), configure the address cards to fit the info you need and like you said make emails directly. with address book you could organize your contact by types of job opportunites, ones that seem promising or need following up on, etc. You could make all sorts of categories to sort them with. Please be more specific on your needs if there is something that mail and Address book can't do.

3. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Why not use iCal, Address Book and for notes, look at something like Journler?

4. paulbaker macrumors regular

5. crazyworld thread starter macrumors member

"soooooo, what do you need "it" to do that address book doesn't do with Mail???"

address book doesnt sync with ical.. i want to keep notes on my contacts but be also viewed as a calender ,ie "call back on 12th " is listed in notes for a contact but also if i look at the week ahead in ical i can see who i need to call..

journeler and daylite look interesting, wil check out, cheers..

6. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Makes sense- hopefully one of those others will fit your needs- I hope they update iCal/address book to include some of these features soon- I agree they are lean apps.

You can put notes into iCal too- then you could place an alarm to remind you of a call-back, etc. YOu could create a different calendar for each company you are applying to, then select what calendars you want to view, delete, etc.

By the way- you can click the quote button at the right of the forum posts to quote a previous poster- makes it easier to tell what someone else said in a previous post. I read your post and thought someone was writing exactly what I wrote.:D

Good luck

7. crazyworld thread starter macrumors member

i think the nex mail released with leopard is capable of notes and is more of an all round solution.. started to play with daylight , seems complex at first but i can c the potential ..