Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
I honestly can't recall if this issue occurred first before or after updating to 7.1. I took the contact picture and updated within an hour or two of each other.
Problem is I can't center the contact photo. I go to contacts; edit. Center the pic and hit Done. Looks centered. Close contacts, go to Favorites and the photo is no longer centered. I've tried cropping the photo to a square so there wasn't extra space to select but that didn't work. I've tried to fix it many times with no success. My question. Is there something not quite right about this photo or is this a bit of a glitch in 7.1?

jayes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Is it just Badrottie and me having this issue? I tried another photo and it did the same thing. I centered my friend's face and after I closed edit, the photo jumped around and "un"centered. I tried to fix it on my Mac by readjusting the photo in Contacts, but the photo on my iPhone jumped around again. The photo on my Mac is fine.. it's a square. But I doubt that makes a difference.

Update...
My contacts sync through Google. A few minutes ago there was a message on my Mac telling me that there was an error in the sync and asked me which photo I wanted to use. I selected the one that looked correct and the photo on my phone centered. So I guess resetting the photo on my computer somehow fixed the issue on my phone.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.