Contact Photos Deleted from iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by adam1080, Jan 22, 2013.

1. adam1080 macrumors member

adam1080

I have searched all over this forum as well as the entire interwebs. I can not find any info about my issue.

Without updgrading, syncing, or deleting photos; one day all my contact photos on my iPhone 5 were gone. My photos are still saved to the contacts when I view them through iCloud or my iPad. iCloud syncing for my contacts is enabled on my phone.

I have no idea why they were deleted or how to get them all back(without manually reassigning each one of them). Please help.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I've never had this problem so I don't have something I've tried before, but here's something you might try. Warning: Be very careful when messing around with Contacts. :)

I sync my Contacts to iCloud and don't sync from any other source (Yahoo!, etc.). You could try turning off contacts in your iCloud account and when asked remove them from your phone. Then turn them back on and replace the contacts on your phone (don't merge if it asks).

I haven't tried this. My assumption it will download the contacts from iCloud with pictures. This sounds a little scary. As a smaller step you could make an edit in iCloud and when the edit is pushed to your iPhone see if the picture is pushed too.

Good luck! And be careful with your contacts. ;)