Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radioman10

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Since iOS 8 incorporates recents and favorites in the multitasking area, I've been trying to add many contact photos to my contacts on my iPhone.

Whether I'm on my phone or my MacBook, the picture seems to consistently "re-center" on the middle of the photo after I make the crops to the photo.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

doverlock

macrumors regular
May 30, 2007
Austin, TX
Since iOS 8 incorporates recents and favorites in the multitasking area, I've been trying to add many contact photos to my contacts on my iPhone.

Whether I'm on my phone or my MacBook, the picture seems to consistently "re-center" on the middle of the photo after I make the crops to the photo.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

Yes. I am having the same issue on my 6+. I crop a different area for the contact photo, save it, open up Messages and see that the contact photo re-shifted to the center and panned out. It's getting pretty annoying. Some images it does not do this with.

radioman10

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Yes. I am having the same issue on my 6+. I crop a different area for the contact photo, save it, open up Messages and see that the contact photo re-shifted to the center and panned out. It's getting pretty annoying. Some images it does not do this with.

Yeah, exact same thing here. It's only some images that have the issue.

I don't understand what's triggering the problem.

Bentox

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Same here also... truly annoying, but glad to see I'm not the only one!

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Same here also... truly annoying, but glad to see I'm not the only one!

Yep, ditto on 8.1 and a 5s. It's driving me nuts, how could they miss this? Interestingly it doesn't work on my Mac running Yosemite either, it also moves the photo around but in a different and more stupid way.

I have abandoned the feature, it's totally unworkable.

Has anybody got this to work yet?

Reverend Ozz

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2008
Same issue here and it's extremely annoying. Hope they come up wth a fix soon. None of my images work properly other than contacts I had set up on iOS 7.

Acevesx

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
i'm having the same dang issue :(

can we submit it as a bug to apple somehow? Maybe a dev can?...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.