Contact Photos Not Displaying

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kingdom23, Apr 4, 2014.

1. kingdom23 macrumors regular

When I receive a call from someone in my contact list, their photo no longer shows up on incoming call, but once I have answered the call, the photo then appears. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Where does the photo appear when you answer the call?

3. kingdom23 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Jackeroo75, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014

Jackeroo75 macrumors newbie

[/COLOR]

This is normal with ios7. Dont update unless you really need too! They have not fix many issues like facetime, imessage, and this but are also forcing us to update os because you cant download any new apps unless you upgrade ios7.

See below and further reading at site below

Problem: Full screen caller photo gone
    A lot of people are complaining that the full screen caller photo has been replaced in iOS 7.1 with a grey screen that has a photo of the contact in a small circle. This means it’s harder to see who is calling at a glance.
    Potential fix:
    Sadly there’s no way to get the full screen caller photos back right now, but a lot of people are complaining online and you can join them by submitting feedback to Apple. If enough people make a noise about this then Apple might just bring it back as an option in the next update.
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/ios-7-problems/#ixzz2xvqpDkIA
    Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

5. kingdom23 thread starter macrumors regular

My problem is that contact photo doesn't show up at all, only after I have answered the call and only then does the photo show up.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, that's strange. If it shows up during the call it certainly shoudl show up when the call is ringing. Have you tried to perhaps edit/change one of the contact photos to see if that might get it working? Have you tried restarting the phone as well as that sometimes gets rid of some weird things?

7. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

So what do you see while the call is coming in? Is the circle there just empty? No circle at all?

8. kingdom23 thread starter macrumors regular

No circle at all, just contact name. As soon as I asnwer the call, the photo appears. Tried deleting photo and reinstalling, also done a hard reset.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Does the name appear in the middle (as it would when there's no photo) or to the left (as it would when a small photo would or should be present)?

10. kingdom23 thread starter macrumors regular

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

So it almost knows there's a contact photo but just doesn't seem to display it when it rings (and only afterward)...strange.