Contact Photos Not Showing in full screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dino F, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I have an iPhone 6 on iOS 8.1.2 and just received a call from one of my contacts who has a contact pic.

When the call came in, my phone did NOT display the contact pic in full screen but rather just a circle of the pic, in the top right of the display (when the phone was ringing).

I then remember that this 'full screen contacts' was one of the features touted in iOS 8 (think it was removed in iOS 7 somewhere) so now wondered why my phone was STILL not displaying the full pic, when it rang.

I then tested this by ringing my iPhone from my house, which also has a contact pic, and this displayed the same thing (when the phone was ringing, the small circle of the pic, showed in the top right of the display, instead of the full screen).

I then thought that this could be down to the pic itself so I went into my home contact and changed the pic and then called my iPhone again. This time, whilst the phone was ringing, the pic DID indeed display in the full screen.

Does this mean that I now need to go through ALL my contacts and edit the pictures, if I want them to display in full screen mode, when they call me?!:confused:

2. stillcrazyman macrumors 65816

stillcrazyman

I had noticed a similar situation as yours on my 6 Plus.

I just resized (to 1242x2208) new versions of my contact photos and assigned them to the contacts. Now they all show up correctly.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

It depends on how the photos were added. If they came from the phone's photo library, it'll show as full screen. If they were added to the contact listing from a Mac or PC (like from the OS X Address Book/Contacts app), then it will be just a small picture.

4. Paco II macrumors 65816

Contact Photos Not Showing in full screen

I actually think there is a bug in iOS 8 related to this, because when I get calls from contacts, *sometimes* their photo is full screen and *sometimes* it's just the circle (for the same contact). That tells me there may be a bug.