Contact photos won't stick.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Knowlege Bomb, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I have a couple pictures in my camera roll that I'm assigning to contacts but every time I sync my phone, they revert back to older pictures.

What do I have to do to make them stick?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What are using a PC or Mac? What re you using to sync your contacts, Outlook or Address Book?

3. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Address book on OSX.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Okay, when you go into Address Book, what pics are there: the old or the new? When you change the pics in the iPhone, what is the next thing you are doing? Immediately syncing?

5. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

The pics in address book are from a while ago when I used FeX (assigns Facebook photos to your contacts). I don't sync it immediately. Like this morning I switched the pictures over again. I might sync tonight, I might not. But the next time I connect to iTunes the photos I changed will go back to the ones in Address Book.

I'm sure I could just copy the pictures over from my camera roll to my computer then edit the contacts through Address Book. It just seems that if my play counts, notes and anything else I edit on my phone overwrites what I have on my computer then this should too...

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I misspoke about immediately. What I meant is that you don't do anything else before you sync. Contacts are a 2-way sync. If you change a contact on the iPhone, it syncs to the computer. If you change a contact in Address Book, it syncs to the iPhone.

So, change a contact's pic on the iPhone and see if the contact picture in Address Book changes. If it's not, IDKY that's occurring (unless you have the contacts checked off on Replace Information on this iPhone in Advanced under the Info tab....I'm sure you wouldn't do that though).