Contact Photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maxshanly, May 18, 2008.

1. maxshanly macrumors member

I took a photo of my friend to use as the contact picture, I did this using the camera facility in the phone application (not the camera application). It ended up being a really nice photo, I was just wondering if there is anyway for me to get it off the phone?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You can assign it as the contact photo right on the iPhone. If not photos can be copied off the camera easily. Not sure how in a Mac but in Windows you just copy from the iPnone's camera roll folder (can't remember the name) when the iPhone is hooked to the computer.

3. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

You either didn't read or didn't understand his question. In his example, he went in the the phone app, went to a contact, clicked Edit, tapped on the picture placeholder, clicked Take Photo, and set that photo as the contact's photo. That photo does not show up under the Camera Roll gallery on the phone.

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Is your iPhone Jailbroken? You could probably SSH into it, find the location of the picture, and put it on your computer.

5. maxshanly thread starter macrumors member

It is. But could someone point me in the right direction to where they'd be located?