Contact Pictures: Some Full Screen, Some Not: Please Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by legaleye3000, May 14, 2009.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

When some of my contacts call me (who have pictures assigned), some are full screen, and some are a little box next to their name in the top right hand corner.

Why does this happen? I want all of them to be full screen.

Please help- Thanks!

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

If the contact's picture was added on the iPhone, it will appear full screen, but if it was added from a computer, it will be a little icon.

I like the little icon, so I made sure I made all of my contact pictures 64x64 pixels and added them from Address Book and sync'd them over MobileMe.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

The thumbnails come from Address Book, while the full screen pics are ones that you have assigned via the iPhone. So, if you want them all to be full screen, you will need to assign them from the Photos app.

EDIT: Dang it....not living up to my name. :)

4. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Contact photos taken via your iPhone's own camera appear full screen while those which you have assigned on an application such as addressbook or outlook sync over your computer in a vCard format and thus the resolution is too small to have them displayed full-screen!

Hope this helps..

5. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow.. That's a pain. I added by Address Book on my mac and then it synced over through MobileSync.. Apple should allow to choose full screen or not... :(

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I find it amusing that we all said the same thing in different ways.

7. iwb macrumors newbie

You can make them full screen after you sync by editing the contact on the phone, click the photo, edit photo, set photo, done.

It'll appear full screen after that. The resolution's not that bad.