Contact Pictures

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iRyann, Mar 9, 2011.

1. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

I've just used BiteSMS and I like the feature of the picture of the contact, but don't like the overall app. I was wondering if there is an app/tweak that uses the contact picture idea?

Thanks in advance.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

cant remember the name but i did see a cydia tweak that supposely added contact pic to the native SMS app

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

What don't you like about bitesms? It's highly configurable and adds a ton of features that the stock sms app doesn't have. I can't imagine going back to the stock app now and quickly reply/quick compose is a Godsend.

4. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

Does anybody know of a cydiea tweak that will put my friends facebook pictures on my contacts list. i am using bitesms and like it alot. i downloaded syncontacts, but it doesnt seem to be working

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

in the facebook app itself, it has the sycn option

6. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

Mainly the price to pay for it. I'm not a big fan of it on the whole though, I prefer the native app. I do really like the contact picture on the lock screen when i receive a text though.

7. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

oh cool thanks

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

in the app tap on "friends" then in the top right corner you will see sync

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

the new version of lockinfo added that to the lockscreen for sms notifications, pretty cool

10. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

11. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Chatpic

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

the other one was called ChatPic that supposely shows contact pic in SMS

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

thanks you beat me to it, i knew it was something like that but i had to search for it, does it work well?

14. psywzrd macrumors 68030

You do know that you can use it without paying for it, right? You just get ads. To each his own though. To me it adds so much functionality that is lacking in the native SMS app. Once you factor in the ability to reply to text messages from anywhere and compose SMS messages from anywhere, it's a no-brainer. I actually can't even imagine what someone wouldn't like about the app - it looks almost identical to the stock sms app but you have more options and that's usually a good thing. I think you should give it more of a chance because everyone I've turned on to it has loved it and can't go back to stock.

15. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

wait you mean if you get a SMS pop up and your in a game or safari, hiting reply doesn close you out of what app you were in?

16. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Yeah it does what it says on the tin ;)

17. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Yes, exactly.

18. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

Correct. You can reply or dismiss and the app you were in stays right there. I love bitesms.

19. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

wow ill hae to try it that bugs me so much if im in safari or a game and replying to a text ends what i was doing

and this free version you just download the normall one and it will only ask you to purchase if you want to removed the ads? no other features are lost?

20. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the free version is fully functional but has the ads. I think that once you use it you'll find that it's well worth the $8.99. I would probably say that it's my #1 jb app along with lockinfo. When you do a ton of texting, having bitesms is a must.

21. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

thanks for the info, i do text more then voicecalls so ill have to give the trial a go and see how i like it

22. psywzrd macrumors 68030

You'll love it. Like I mentioned earlier, it's highly configurable so make sure you go through the settings and set it up whichever way works best for you. It's set up pretty well by default but there might some little things here and there that you may want to change.

23. -MRB macrumors 6502

+1 on BiteSMS. Since i purchased it, i've never looked back. The native SMS app feels incomplete compared!

Also, the license is tied to your mobile phone number, so you won't have to buy twice if you have a replacement phone or anything :)

24. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

There is a tweak in Cydia called Cyntact, which will also display pics in your regular Contacts list. It works perfectly and there is no lag or stuttering at all when scrolling through my list of 230+ contacts. Couldn't say the same about my Android phone when doing the same thing ;)

25. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

I'm gonna give BiteSMS another go I think. Does using SBSettings to hide the native SMS app the best way to do it?