contact pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drater, Aug 15, 2007.

1. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

anyone notice that if you assign a picture in your address book and sync your phone it shows up as a little picture with your wallpaper in the background.

however, if you assign a picture to a contact on your iphone via the photo library on the iphone it will make the entire background their picture.

Didn't notice that before, anyone know why the difference here? Shouldn't there be an option to choose? Just a thought.

2. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

I think it could be that address book resizes contact pictures to a lower resolution, and it wouldnt look too nice as a background. Just a guess..

3. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

i understand that part, just thought it would be nice if they gave you the option in the address book or on the iphone. Keep a higher quality resolution. integrate it a little more for us iphone users

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah and the thing that makes me "mad" about it is that i like the smaller pic option, so i figured if i took one and assigned it on the iphone, then synced it with address book, since it puts it as their address book photo, it would show up as a small pic on my iphone. but it doesnt, and i would prefer this very much because i think the big contact wallpaper looks bad

5. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

Ya, I'm sure it will be like that one of these days, hopefully in Leopard.