Contact Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hashia, Aug 2, 2014.

1. hashia macrumors member

Hi,

Recently when I add a new contact information, everything seems correct, but when I go to contact list, I can't see that new contact. Please help me!

iPhone: 4S
    iOS: 7.1.2

Tnx.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You have the option of looking at your contacts with the first name or last name in alpha order. Check you "sort order" under settings/contacts and see if that could be the problem.

3. hashia thread starter macrumors member

Thank you.

No, I checked the sort order and the problem is not related to it.
    The interesting matter is that, I have for example 215 contacts, and when I add a new one, still I have 215 contacts! :(

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You're probably adding them to a Group that isn't visible. Open the Contacts.app and in the top left corner press the Groups button.

Make sure all your Groups are checked so that they are visible.

I've had this happen to me before. I sync my contacts with Google and the iPhone has the bad habit of defaulting to the "On my iPhone" group and if that isn't checked to be visible I don't see those contacts, even when I add them. I had about 15 or so added before I caught this and fixed it.

5. hashia thread starter macrumors member

Yessss!

In contacts/groups the "Hide All Contacts" option was active and I changed it to "Show all contacts" and the problem solved!

Thanks a lot.