Contact ringtones reverting to default

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cbreze, May 3, 2017.

1. cbreze macrumors 6502

cbreze

This just started happening a week ago. I had 2 personalized ringtones set for 2 different contacts and they will not do anything but ring to the default setting. Worked fine for the first 6 months of ownership of my iphone7. Is this common at all , did a search and found ringtone issues from 2014 and older but I think that's a different scenario. Kind of annoying. The contact shows it set to my custom tone but does not work. Anyone else maybe know what I might try? I have not installed any new apps lately.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Strange indeed as my VP's iPhone 7 all of a sudden changed its ringtones, too. He had not done any updates or installs just woke up yesterday to find his ringtones mixed up.

Kinda makes you wonder what our phones are doing late a night while charging!;)

3. cbreze thread starter macrumors 6502

cbreze

In my case they weren't mixed up as they still showed set as they always had been for the past 6 months. Resetting them or changing them did nothing either. Everything just plays default. So I have no idea who's calling till I get to the phone for a look.

4. cbreze thread starter macrumors 6502

cbreze

So one other person has this problem? I'm currently back on Android where my ringtone settings work properly. Even my iPhone 6 had this issue. None of my present ringtones work. Every call rings to default tone. I can customize the default to anything I choose and works fine. But it will not acknowledge I have a certain tone set to a certain contact. Always rings to default tone. The really exasperating thing is it started this out of the blue after 6 months of perfect. Did nothing on my end. SMH, really annoying. Any ideas short of a factory data wipe/reset?