Contact SMS Tones

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Norinion, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Norinion macrumors regular

Hey there,
    I use BiteSMS, but wondering if its possible to set a certain type of SMS tone for all the contacts in my phonebook. I have pokewars with my friends on facebook and would rather know if the incoming text is a poke or an actual text.
    I know one possiblility is setting every contact to a custom SMS. But i keep adding new contacts every couple of days, and would be easier to set a certain SMS for everyone on my contact list.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well if you geting your "pokes" from the facebook app i believe it like all other notifications use TriTones by default, trying using something other then TriTone for SMS and it should be different

3. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I'm not sure I'm understanding your post...

Are you saying you want your SMS tone to be the same for all contacts? If so, just disable the contact tones within the biteSMS settings, and go to your regular notifcation settings to set your Text Tone. That's what I did and it works just fine.

4. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

If you go to Ringtones in the BiteSMS settings menu and click the edit button you will see a plus sign in the upper left corner. Click that and it will bring up your contact list. Click on the contact, then the number and you will be able to select a ringtone for that contact.

5. Norinion thread starter macrumors regular

No no, i mean I get Text from both Facebook and my friends.
    I wanted to change the text tone of just Facebook, but there are so many facebook phone numbers (different one from different people).
    Is there an app that changes sets the text tone of all contacts to TEXTTONE1, and any number not on your contact list is set to TEXTTONE2.
    I mentioned BiteSMS because i don't know if the app would be compatible with it.

6. Polekat macrumors regular

Polekat

Not sure if it's a 4.3 bug, but I can not seem to get the text tone to change for individual contacts. I have the text tone as bell, but then go into contacts and set my wife's as chime and it still is coming through as bell.