contact syncing to address book problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fullfloridiancj, Mar 2, 2012.

1. fullfloridiancj macrumors regular

Ive noticed new contacts I have added to my iPhone 4s do not sync to my mac address book. They simply remain on the phone .... what can i do?

2. ObuckiO macrumors regular

You could double check on Mac> System Preferences>internet & wireless>icloud> and see if Contacts box is checked.

3. fullfloridiancj thread starter macrumors regular

I am dealing with snow leopard. Although I upgraded to iCloud my address book on my mac doesn't sync with iCloud. Its frustrating, I just noticed that someones number isn't on my phone and I have to manually go to my 13 in mac and look it up

4. monkeytrick macrumors newbie

Hey fullfloridiancj, which issue do you actually have? Syncing from iPhone to your Mac Address Book, the other way around or both ways not working? What I'm experiencing at the moment is not getting on my Mac Address Book the contacts that I saved on my iPhone; instead, if I enter a new contact in the Mac Address Book or update an existing one, the iPhone updates correctly, no problem. Seeing the date of your first post, it looks like the problem started before the latest iOS release.
    Btw, I still have Snow Leopard so that in the System Preferences there's no iCloud settings available. Hopefully the resolution to this problem doesn't involve to forcedly upgrade to Lion, it would not look that fair from Apple...