"Contact Us" Forms in Dreamweaver?

cwright

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
Missouri
Can these be done easily in Dreamweaver? I don't know HTML and build my sites graphically (Photoshop/Imageready slices and rollovers, and then use tables for the rest in Dreamweaver), and I've never tried these before.

I need to create a form where the user inputs all info (name, address, phone, email, etc) and hits 'submit' to send all that data to the owner's e-mail. Does anyone know how this is done?

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2006
it will involve a script of some sort, be it coldfusion, php, asp, or whatever language you like.

I am not aware of Dreamweaver being able to do this for you, you usually have to get a script from somewhere, or write one yourself.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Can these be done easily in Dreamweaver? I don't know HTML and build my sites graphically (Photoshop/Imageready slices and rollovers, and then use tables for the rest in Dreamweaver), and I've never tried these before.

I need to create a form where the user inputs all info (name, address, phone, email, etc) and hits 'submit' to send all that data to the owner's e-mail. Does anyone know how this is done?
You can find the tools for making forms under the Forms section on the Insert Toolbar :)apple:+F2).

Can't give you very detailed instructions but basically you draw up a form box, the first icon, lay down some text fields, checkboxes or whatever type of input you want from the user, a send/reset button. And on the send button mailto:youremail@address.com

More info on the mailto: syntax here

Sorry I can't be more detailed I haven't done forms since school.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
^good god that "blog" is just one big ad.

I hate "helpful" sites which really want to make money for something they shouldn't be even charging for.