contacts all messed up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aeroslinger, Mar 29, 2010.

1. aeroslinger macrumors newbie

here goes. I've got an unlocked and jb 3gs 16gig. I was trying to get my contacts switched over easily. I'm not even sure what all I did but I think I tried importing with a program (maybe PC Suite) but they imported weird. I had different groups but instead of importing new contacts alphabatized, they all ended up under "#" group. Then I tried copying the old "Address Book" files with WinSCP which seemed to work. However, now I seem to have my contacts but cannot delete nor add new contacts. I'd like to just restore my contact files to original and handload each one if that is what I have to do. I also had AB Grouper installed and have removed it but didn't seem to change anything. Hoping someone can tell me how to get my contacts back to working. thanks
    *UPDATE* OK, I restored my contacts somewhat but still cannot add or delete contacts. Anybody???

2. sirbuildalots macrumors newbie

Error Message

I am getting this error message. My contacts won't sync properly.

MobileMe Sync
    1. Contacts could not be synced due to inconsistent data.
    2. Confirm that your computer's data is valid, then reset Contacts on MobileMe in System Preferences.
    OK ?

Not sure what I am supposed to do and why my contacts won't sync properly. Some seem to work and the majority of them don't.

Why?