Contacts and Calendars no longer sync through iTunes

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by IJBrekke, Oct 25, 2013.

1. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

The "info" button you used to get when connecting a device to iTunes is now gone. Mavericks has eliminated the ability to sync a device directly through your computer. Everything is operating on iCloud only now.

Here's more info:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12117?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I was content not using iCloud, so for me this is a step back.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Where this might become a big issue is business use of iPhones and iPads. Some business specifically forbid storing any company data in Cloud Services.

As an individual user, I am already using iCloud to sync the stuff and it's nicer than syncing through iTunes actually since I don't have to worry about if I remember to sync with iTunes or not.

3. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Most corporations that have such policies, also have an exchange or iCal/carddDav situation in place, so they will not be affected by such changes. I actually utilize both exchange and iCal/cardDav situations for my devices, so I never even noticed that the functionality is missing from iTunes until reading these threads. I bet the same goes for most people as well. Heck even the DOD is going to hosted Google accounts for ease of maintenance, reliability, and decreased management costs, so I bet less will be affected as most think.