Contacts.app Crashing with MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WesCole, Jan 18, 2011.

1. WesCole macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I just had to restore my iPad from jailbroken 4.2.1 to stock 4.2.1...

Now, my contacts will open normally (empty) before I add my MobileMe account, but will open up with blank white pages and crash about 20 seconds after that when I add my MobileMe account and try to sync contacts. The calendar and everything else work fine, though.

I have a feeling it may be some jailbroken stuff still hanging around, but I am not sure. I was hoping maybe someone else had this problem and could offer a solution. I have restored 3 times already hoping it would help.

Thanks,

Wes

2. dav146 macrumors regular

dav146

Ive just bought an iPad second hand. It was never Jailbroken, just had the original firmware on from Sept last year (along with all the original owners data!)

Anyways - I set back to factory defaults and upgraded to the latest 4.2.1 firmware.

My Calendar & Notes syncs fine, but the Contacts app just freeze's - I am not 100% sure my bookmarks are synced either.

Has anybody else seen these same symptoms??

When I reset to factory default I can use the Contacts app, as soon as I try to add my mobileme account it just lock up?

Please help!!

3. WesCole thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine started working all by itself after about an hour of not messing with it. Not sure what the problem was.

4. dav146 macrumors regular

dav146

I had to add a 3rd party contact app to allow me to add any contacts. Eventually when I deleted those I had added the sync then seemed to kick in. Weird. Everything else synced up just fine from the off.

Ah well - let's get em backed up quick while they are in good order!