Contacts App has disappeared!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by PrinceAlexander, Apr 27, 2008.

1. PrinceAlexander macrumors member

...I'm not sure where to begin. I have no idea WHEN this occurred because I don't use it regularly enough to have noticed.

I have a JB 1.1.4.

I was going to pull up an email addy today and discovered that my Contacts App has disappeared.

I attempted to re-install 1.1.4 Apple apps, which was successful. After re-spring, however, Contacts vanished again.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? I'm guessing something I have installed is mucking it up. I'd rather NOT have to start from scratch, if possible, but I do need my contacts.

Any and all assistance is appreciated! :D

2. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

Do you have the 'Poof' application installed? If so, open it up, and click unhide your contacts application.

3. PrinceAlexander thread starter macrumors member

I wish it was that simple, but nope, no Poof!

4. caa4444 macrumors member

i remember there is a installer thing called contacts|homescreen which puts contacts on ur springboard
    edit: i remember it was in productivity

5. Nadasive macrumors 6502

This happened to me once before, i couldn't fix it so i ended up restoring it and re-jailbreaking.
    if you can't find a way to fix, just restore it and re-jailbreak but if it doesn't bother you, leave as it is :)

6. PrinceAlexander thread starter macrumors member

Bugger. I'll have a look for that App. I really don't want to go through the whole restore process again. I've only just got everything set up perfectly.

On the other hand...contacts would be handy.

EDIT: One can always hope the 3G iPhone lands in Korea sooner rather than later!

7. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

it keep happening to me too but just install the poof.app from installer and unhide it. if the app is listed under visible, but it's not, just 'hide' it and unhide it.