Contacts app - slow and no search?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Soundhound, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

Is anyone having trouble with Contacts? I just got a 3G. It synced up with all my contacts from Address book on my macs, but the Contact app is reaaaallllllyyy slow and sometimes almost freezes. And the search function is there sometimes, but most of the time not.

Is there a way to reinstall these resident apps, or test if they're corrupted????

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

It's fine for me, but I've only have 93 contacts in mine (maybe yours is more)? Also the search bar is always there, at the very top so maybe you have to scroll up to get at it. ;)

<edit> And if you really want to reinstall the resident apps, you'll probably have to do a restore... I'd restart the phone first to see if that helps. </edit>

3. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Yep, search is all the way at the top, but you can hit the magnifying glass at the top of the alphabet on the right to get to it.

I have over 700 contacts, I think, and though there's a delay of about 2-3 seconds when I first load contacts, it works fine for me after that.

ETA: I'm using 2.0.1

4. glanv macrumors regular

Mines a bit 'laggy' and I only have 100 or so contacts. I hope it is something that's fixed in an update.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Are you using the 2.0.1 software?

Mine was unbearably slow until the update. Now it's pretty reasonable. I have to wait 3-4 seconds for it to load, but once it does, it's fine. (With 2.0 it took 8-10 seconds to load.)

6. crsd36 macrumors member

I haven't upgraded to 2.0.1 yet, and at times Contact List is almost unberable. I have 134 contacts and maybe 1 out of 5 time will crash on me. This is the first I've heard of the update helping to fix the problem, so needless to say I'll be upgrading ASAP.

7. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe that's the problem. I have 1500 or so contacts.

8. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

2.0.1 software.

Maybe I need to do a restore...

No magnifying glass shows up when I engage the alphabet on the side of the contacts list. arg.:(