Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nwxtl88

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
My wife and I have the Verizon family plan and both have iPhones. Today, my contacts appeared on her iPhone and iPad. We have separate iTunes accounts and do not have any of our personal stuff shared.

I just checked at the Verizon web site and see that we can set up to share our contacts in their cloud, but we have not done this and apparently you have to do it through their app which neither of us have.

Neither of us has changed any settings recently that should apply to our iTunes or iCloud accounts or Contacts settings.

I deleted one of my contacts on her phone and it instantly disappeared on my phone.

Any ideas?

ElZeus

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
You can have different itunes accounts but use the same icloud account. Check under icloud.

nwxtl88

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
You can have different itunes accounts but use the same icloud account. Check under icloud.

No, we each have an iCloud account linked only to our own iTunes account. We don't have anything shared.

As far as I know, neither of us made any changes that would account for my contacts suddenly appearing on her devices. I've looked through settings on our devices and don't see any setting turned on that should allow sharing between our accounts. There is no reason it should happen between us than it should suddenly happen between me and someone I don't know in another state. The only common denominator between her and I are that we have phones on the Verizon family plan. Again, on Verizon we don't have any data shared and don't use their cloud, and have made no settings changes.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
My wife and I have the Verizon family plan and both have iPhones. Today, my contacts appeared on her iPhone and iPad. We have separate iTunes accounts and do not have any of our personal stuff shared.

I just checked at the Verizon web site and see that we can set up to share our contacts in their cloud, but we have not done this and apparently you have to do it through their app which neither of us have.

Neither of us has changed any settings recently that should apply to our iTunes or iCloud accounts or Contacts settings.

I deleted one of my contacts on her phone and it instantly disappeared on my phone.

Any ideas?

Something extremely similar happened to me and my father. My contacts appeared in his "recents" when you compose a new message and his contacts appeared in mine. We both have our own iTunes accounts, iCloud accounts, and are even on different AT&T plans. Very strange. iPhone 5s and 5.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
What shows up when you select Groups under Contacts?

Have you checked under Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars?

What desktop mail clients (if any) do you use?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.