Resolved Contacts are not synchronized with Exchange sever

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by norsay, Nov 22, 2011.

  1. norsay, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

    norsay macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2011
    #1
    Hi all

    Since we have updated our iPhone 4 to iOS 5 in our company, the contacts are not synchronized anymore on some iPhones.

    After googeling around and trying to solve the problem with some hints I found, I was still unable to solve the problem.

    What I did:
    - Recreated the Exchange account on the iPhone and cleared network settings (found that hint in a thread and that should solve the problem).
    - Provided domain information for the account.
    - Tried with different Exchange account.
    - Turned on MIME for the account.
    - Deleted iCloud account (read that an existing iCloud account could cause that problem)

    No success at all :mad: However I found at least one reason which could cause the problem. It seems that iOS 5 tries to lookup the contacts in a localized contacts folder (depending on which language which is set on the iPhone). After switching the language back to english and recreating the exchange account on the phone. It looks like it's searching in the right place again. However it still does not synchronize contacts or push them in any direction.
    As far as i know, the contacts should always be located in the contacts folder on the server... Can anybody confirm this or am I wrong with this assumption?
    And anyone else out there with same behaviour of his/her iPhone?

    Working with contacts without managing them in a central place isn't fun... So any hints to solve this issue are very appreciated!

    Cheers,
    norsay
     
  2. Ccrew macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2011
    #2
    Curiosity, what version of Exchange? I have about 800 i-devices (both iPad and iPhone) connected here and no issues with Exchange 2007
     
  3. norsay thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2011
    #3
    It's a Exchange clone called Scalix which runs under Linux...

    Never had problems before with iOS 4 and not all iOS 5 devices seem to have the issue mentionied above. So I guess there is really a problem. In my company 2 out of 10 devices are affected by this problem. The other 8 iPhones are running without any problem as they did before the upgrade.

    BTW which language do you use on your devices?

    Maybe there is an issue in our Scalix server, so I don't want to blame iOS 5 for all my problems of course! However the lookup of contacts in a localized manner still looks suspicious to me...
     
  4. norsay thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2011
    #4
    Think I solved the issue :)

    There were two seperate problems I my opinion.

    1st Problem - The lookup in a localized contacts folder on the server
    I don't know the reason why it started to do the lookup this way. To solve this problem I deleted the Exchange account on the iPhone, then I switched to english on my iPhone. After that I recreated the Exchange account and switched back the language. The lookup in contacts works fine now :)

    2nd Problem - Contacts not synchronized
    It turned out that it was a corrupted contact which was originally created on the iPhone and imported to Outlook. Opening and saving the contact in Outlook fixed the corrupted contact :)

    Now everything is working as before and I'm happy with our iDevices again :apple: :)
     

Share This Page