Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattster16

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I apologize if this has been talked about before or if it is a known issue...I'm too lazy right now to look through the forums.

Whenever I go to make a call and hit my contacts button (not the contacts app but from 'phone') it seems to freeze up for about 10 seconds. When I tap a name nothing happens. I have to wait 10 seconds and then tap. I've tried everything: restarting the phone, restoring the phone from itunes. I don't have THAT many contacts so it's not like it's having to load up a massive database of people.

Are others having this problem? NOT having this problem?

I wouldn't think it would make a difference but I'm on an original EDGE iPhone.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Yes, many people are having this problem (I'm not one of them). It usually seems to happen more often if you are using the Contacts app, not the Phone app's Contacts.

TEG

PecanEater

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2007
Happening to me also. Only had my iPhone for 4 days. About 95 contacts. The turn off/turn on solution works as a temporary solution but not for long.

group09

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
There's hope.

I've noticed it too for the first time this week. It's been worse since I've been adding a lot more contacts... Luckily the whole thing doesn't just crash!

The firmware update in September is supposed to fix this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.