Contacts have images but won't show on iMessage.

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by DashSatan, Feb 16, 2016.

1. DashSatan macrumors 6502

On my iPhone 6, my contacts have images but they aren't showing on the Messaging app in my phone. It shows the blank grey circle with the letter of their name. How do I get it to link the photos from their contact info? Could someone help please?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

If the contact photo is there it should pull from that photo. If you add that user as a Favorite in the Phone app, do you see the contact image as an icon there?

3. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

Same for me here, I have contact photos that come from facebook, but only ones that I have set myself seem to show up not as the Gray with the Initials.

4. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Settings. Messages. Turn on 'use photo image'. Done

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like that's already enabled, otherwise even the default icon with initials wouldn't show up.

6. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Yeah. I wonder if they disable then enable again....to see if it works.

7. thisisnotmyname macrumors 65816

thisisnotmyname

I've had this problem intermittently as well, haven't been able to figure out a pattern yet but I'll see many contact photos yet one or two will not come through. To make this more confusing it is sometimes inconsistent across devices (e.g. will show up on my phone but not on OS X even though the contact is iCloud synched and the image shows in the contacts application).

8. bushido Suspended

bushido

i have this with my sisters contact on my iPhone yet it shows on my iPad. very strange

9. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

Correct, It is not consistent. After the posting of this thread I changed the image of two contacts on my iPhone. The changes showed, then went away after a few seconds. They do not show in messages, or contacts on my iPhone. On my iMac, however, they both show up in the messages.app and the contact card....

UGH WHY?!?!?!?!?!?:mad: