contacts hidden on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jacktrade, May 25, 2010.

1. jacktrade macrumors newbie

Hi
    when i hit my contacts button there's an incomplete list of contacts that appears.

i know that I have entered a specific contact that does not appear on the contacts list.

when i search for that contact in the contacts window, that contact cannot be found.

BUT

if I go back to the main "search iphone" menu and search for that contact - they are found - and even with the contacts icon next to their name! that contact drills down to the same level of information for any other contact.

up the top there is an arrow back to the "contacts" list. when i go back i see the contacts list WITHOUT the contact I have just navigated from (i need to go back to the iphone search screen to locate them again).

:confused:

i hope that makes sense!

what's going wrong!? how can I fix this so I have all my contacts together like one single address book. not half hidden, and the other half easily available.

2. jacktrade thread starter macrumors newbie

two other important points:

ONE

It appears i am viewing all contacts - so it has nothing to do with groups.

TWO

Also - it looks like when I was editing contacts (which are synced by air to outlook) that iphone decided to hide the contacts I edited, and only display the ones remaining on outlook on my PC.

In otherwords - editing iphone contacts hides them from all contacts.

weird! :eek: and non-sensical! :confused:

any help to get them all on one address book? or will iphone only work with those I have entered directly via PC into outlook and not on those edited on the iphone?

3. gdzb macrumors newbie

i have the same problem and have had it for months, still looking for a solution..

4. jacktrade thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks gdzb - at least i don't feel alone :eek:
    it's very weird how contacts just don't work properly :(