Contacts in iPhone or SIM card...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sdahe, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello guys...

Here is another question I did to my self today... where the iPhone stores the contacts, in the SIM card or the phone?... There is no option about having the contacts in the phone or the sim card...

Thanks guys!!!!

2. mohicanspap macrumors regular

The contacts are stored in the iPhone cause apple for some reason wont let the iPhone import into the sim card. So watever contacts you have in your sim card when you import them throught system settings they will show up on the iPhone

3. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

So if the only phone I've used with that Sim Card is the iPhone, there is no contacts in the sim card... :(

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Correct....

But then you can just use iTunes (if you get another iPhone) or iSync, missing sync, pocketmac, bitpim, etc (if you get most other phones) to re-sync your contacts.

Maybe if you explain why you're concerned about this, we can help you find a workaround?

Ten years ago, I totally understood the value of putting contacts on a SIM. But today, I have some 700 contacts, most of whom have multiple e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc. All that stuff isn't going to fit on a SIM anyway, is it?

5. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

i remember with older jailbroken phones it was possible to send contacts to the sim and pull them off. dont know if that software made it to the more recent jailbreaks

6. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I was just wondering... that's all!