Contacts in iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChrisWilder07, Jun 10, 2009.

1. ChrisWilder07 macrumors regular

Now that we (almost) have 3.0, and you can edit contacts within the phone application, is there still a contacts.app in 3.0?

2. ChrisWilder07 thread starter macrumors regular

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

To manage your contacts outside of the phone application.

4. ChrisWilder07 thread starter macrumors regular

But if you can manage your contacts inside of the phone.app, again, what exactly is the point of it?

5. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Why would they get rid of the contacts application just because you can modify it inside the phone application? Going into the phone application every time to manage contacts would require one extra step than just going into the contacts application.

6. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

Not if you have to scroll over 5 pages the the contact app... i NEVER use it, it is stupid and should be allowed to be removed by the user.

7. ChrisWilder07 thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly my point, i find myself shunning this app because it is pretty much pointless

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I'm confused couldn't you always modify contacts within the phone application?

(I hate the contacts app, it's next to useless)

Anyway wasn't the contacts app added so you could look at your contacts while on a phone call, because if you clicked the phone icon during a call it just took you back to the call?

9. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I guess that's probably the reason. In any demo I've seen, they always go to the contacts application while on the phone.

It would be nice to be able to remove Apple's applications, but then we'd see 100 threads popping up with users saying:

"I deleted <insert Apple application here>, how do I add it back!!!1!!1!!!".

10. ChrisWilder07 thread starter macrumors regular

But when you're in a call, you can see the contacts w/o going home and going into the App.... the bottom right icon in the six icon view

Attached Files: