Resolved Contacts Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blujelly, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Evening all,

Wondering if anyone else has come across this.

When i add a new contact them try and search for them nothing happens and it doesn't show anyone. If i scroll to their name it appears there like normal.

if i then go onto groups turn them all off and back on again then search it shows that person. If i then search for them again it shows nothing to their name, as if i've never added a new contact.

I currently have iCloud and my Hotmail account added and on. Facebook is on the list but i have it off, I've done numerous combinations on having ones off and on, and it doesn't seem to make a difference as long as i turn them off and on the search works fine but 1 time only.

any advice on this one?

Thanks

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

When you add your contact in, which group is it set to default to?

3. Blujelly thread starter macrumors 65816

Blujelly

screw my life.... just found it! Yeah it was set automatically to my Hotmail account...... *face palm*

For the few contact's i've added recently I assume I'll need to delete them and re-add them again?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL. Yeah, if you want them on iCloud. Otherwise they are up in your Hotmail account. :D

5. Blujelly thread starter macrumors 65816

Blujelly

God know when that changed over..... I've probable got a good few on the wrong account.... cheers bud!