Contacts Keep Coming Back to Haunt Me!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nvleisides, Oct 15, 2014.

1. nvleisides macrumors newbie

Is it Facebook, ICloud, Yahoo, Google,LinkedIn, Itunes???!!!! I have over 1500 contacts and every time I edit contacts or delete them they soon reappear. I can't figure out where the mysterious syncing is happening. I only have 125 contacts in the cloud I just discovered. I see contact information that could only have come from Facebook or LinkedIn perhaps like job titles and companies. I've dinked around all my settings...I haven't a clue where to begin with how to resolve this...it is driving me nuts. I've tried apps like Simple Merge, Simpler, etc. to no avail!

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Try going to settings then click on Facebook and toggle contacts to off. Does that help?

3. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

Welcome to Cloud Hell! The only way to break free from it is to develop a simple strategy for yourself on how... to be free from it. You can simply put all your contacts in a text or basic html file, put the file in Dropbox or similar, and open this file when you need it. It's a 100% crossplatform, cloud-free solution, and works 100% of the time. That's what I did. I put Contacts, Notes, Reminders, etc. apps in iCrap folder, detached them from iCloud, transferred data to text files, and... became free.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Do you not recommend iCloud? I'm not a fan of it, but was contemplating in it when I back up my 4S before I make the 6 purchase. Or do you recommend I back up from iTunes instead?

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I avoid any cloud or app syncing for this very reason, gmail for contacts and calendar has never failed me