Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JH-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
When I click on a contact from within the phone or contacts application it turns blue and then waits 4 or 5 seconds to open it to the information. Is there a reason for this? Every one of my 90 contacts has a picture and most also contain an email. Also I am jailbroken which is why I posted here in hacks. Thanks.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
When I click on a contact from within the phone or contacts application it turns blue and then waits 4 or 5 seconds to open it to the information. Is there a reason for this? Every one of my 90 contacts has a picture and most also contain an email. Also I am jailbroken which is why I posted here in hacks. Thanks.

Not sure, but I have probably over 500 contacts on my phone, some with pictures, all with addresses, email, phone #'s. I have no lag whatsoever (I'm also jailbroken).

Hope you figure it out.

JH-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Not sure, but I have probably over 500 contacts on my phone, some with pictures, all with addresses, email, phone #'s. I have no lag whatsoever (I'm also jailbroken).

Hope you figure it out.

I should probably also mention that I am on a 3G.

m3coolpix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
Does the lag vary from time to time? Like not so bad after a respring or a reboot? But seems slower and slower the longer you go in between a respring or reboot?

What software are you running?

When's the last time you did a restore and setup the iPhone as new?

JH-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Does the lag vary from time to time? Like not so bad after a respring or a reboot? But seems slower and slower the longer you go in between a respring or reboot?

What software are you running?

When's the last time you did a restore and setup the iPhone as new?

It seems to appear at random. It can happen right after I respring or reboot or even if open one contact then try to switch to another immediately after.

Less than a month ago.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Wonderfully helpful :)

Was that sarcastic? Sometimes it is helpful to know that someone with a similar configuration is not having issues. Your comment was not welcome. Now that we know the OP is on a 3G that is probably less helpful, but nonetheless...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.