Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reidmangel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2015
Hi all,

I hope you're doing well during these unprecedented times. I recently updated my phone to iOS 14 and I'm having a super annoying issue where some of my contacts aren't showing up. However, they will show up when I go to send a new text message to that person.

For example, 'Chad' will message me and it will just show his phone number in my texts. If I go to create a new text message though and type in 'Chad' in the "To:" field, it will show his number.

Any tips for resolving this issue? I've already logged in and out of my iCloud, reset my network settings and turned my phone off and on numerous times.

peterjamesgreen

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
YES! There are various circumstances where this is obvious. Today a friend called, though I just saw the number... I logged into iCloud web, and her contact card is all perfectly there! It has happened with other contacts also & I can't see any particular pattern. AWFUL.

alanhutchison

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2020
Same issue here as well - tried all the typical steps of turning contacts off/on, editing the info for the first contact.

alanhutchison

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2020
Same issue here as well - tried all the typical steps of turning contacts off/on, editing the info for the first contact.
Finally started working - I logged into iCloud.com, went into Contacts and updated a few records. Also, in iPhone, Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.